What do you need to know about our Governors?
The School Governors hold an important public office and their identity should be known to their school and wider communities.
The school will try and keep the information about your governors as up-to-date as possible – there is some information we have to give you. This includes:
- The structure and remit of the governing body and any committees, and chair;
- Each governor (or associated members) who has served at any point from this point forward:
- their full names,
- date of appointment,
- term of office, date they stepped down (where applicable),
- who appointed them (in accordance with the governing body’s instrument of government),
- relevant business and pecuniary interests (as recorded in the register of interests) including:
- Governance roles in other educational institutions;
- Their attendance record at governing body and committee meetings over the last academic year. (committee voting rights for associate members will also be detailed)
- Any material interests arising from relationships between governors or relationships between governors and school staff (including spouses, partners and close relatives).